Bilstereoforum - Sveriges största forum för bilstereo  

Go Back   Bilstereoforum - Sveriges största forum för bilstereo > Installation, inställningar, musik och tävlingar > Projektforum

Projektforum Visa upp ditt bilstereo-bygge!

Old January 3rd, 2016, 00:41   #1
robolop

Default ROBolop Design (bmw e46)

I want to open a topic here, but unfortunately I can not write Swedish.

English is possible for me.

Long time ago I won with this Fiat 500 many IASCA competitions.

Pfffffffffffu.

Now I am already busy on a BMW 323ci.

No competition car, just for fun.

robolop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 09:27   #2
octan

Rep Power: 344 octan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant futureoctan has a brilliant future
Default Re: ROBolop Design (bmw e46)

I think almost everyone (old members) here has followed your amazing builds

www.octanaudio.se
Gilla På Facebook Uppdaterar där när nya inlägg ligger uppe.
Fegens Vandrarhem

XTZ
Team Ljudbyggaren
BMWljud
octan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 14:50   #3
robolop

I have purchased 2 Soundstream Ference Class-a 6.0 amplifiers. I came across them on a belgian ebay site, and purchased them immediately.

I also had these amps in my Fiat in 1996. Many of you would think “why the hell you buy amplifiers of 20years old”, but I know how they play, and what they are capable of.
When I bought these the owner ensured me they were in perfect condition. But when I plugged them into the BMW, I immediately heard somethings was not right.
The left channel of the first one didn’t play at all, and the other one had a left channel that cracked pretty fierce. Of course, I sent an email to the guy who sold me these, but until today…no reaction.

Then I started looking for a distributor of Sound Stream, but that was not easy to find.
So I asked the question on one of the forums in the USA, if someone knew anyone who could fix these.
After a few hours, I have many response. There was someone in the UK who can fix everything in terms of amplifiers.
So I did a few emails, and he said it was no problem to fix them.

What struck me is that there were many people replying to my question that I had to check the switches in the amplifiers, and try to clean them.

So I completely removed the switches, a surgeon’s work…

Here are the switches.

And some pictures of how they look on the inside.

I cleaned the contacts with some sandpaper, and it immediately looked much better.

The second switch was slightly smaller, but it also had to be taken apart.

Then everything had to be reassembled and connected.
To my great surprise, everything working perfectly now .
Then I did the 2nd amp…and it also proved to work after I had hooked it up.

I 've tested every amplifier for over 2 hours until they got very hot , and all plays like it should.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 19:14   #4
carlr

Rep Power: 224 carlr has much to be proud ofcarlr has much to be proud ofcarlr has much to be proud ofcarlr has much to be proud ofcarlr has much to be proud ofcarlr has much to be proud ofcarlr has much to be proud ofcarlr has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to carlr

I have followed your bimmer build thread on DIYMA for years mate!

Bygglogg BMW F36: BMW F36 SQ
Bygglogg Audi Q7: Audi Q7
Bygglogg BMW F10: Tvåstegsprojekt i BMW F10

Team Ljudbyggaren
Svensk Mästare Skilled OEM 2017
carlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 12:42   #5
rayder

Love your build. Been following for years.
Welcome to swedich forum.

www.rayder.se
rayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 15:23   #6
Hewi

Rep Power: 303 Hewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayder View Post
Love your build. Been following for years.
Welcome to swedich forum.
Same here!
How long have you been working on that E46 now? You must have been in every corner of that car by now modifying something.....
Hewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 15:53   #7
Lonefox

Rep Power: 260 Lonefox is just really niceLonefox is just really niceLonefox is just really niceLonefox is just really nice

Thera are a lot of us following your build mate.

Oh and the SS Class A-amps is as good as it gets.
Have two Ref 405 myselfe to play with.
And yes....those switches is a real hassle
Old January 6th, 2016, 17:00   #8
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
Same here!
How long have you been working on that E46 now? You must have been in every corner of that car by now modifying something.....
I’m already doing this for some years now, and I haven’t been bored for 1 minute 
I also think I've seen every corner of the bmw , but there are more fools who turn their BMW upside down to get a better sound, no?
I also have a question for you .
Of course I took the time to read through your topic quietly. Respect how you made everything for the E39, respect!

I've seen you make your own grills . I want to try that too, but I can’t find the thread you use.
It's about the wire with the hexagonal holes in it.
I have searched a lot on the net, and can find it only in America . This is extremely expensive to send.
Can ( will) you tell me where did you get yours , then maybe I can also order him there . Should you want to sell a piece of yours, let me know
Old January 6th, 2016, 17:59   #9
robolop

I have been searching for a while where I could create another topic . This forum seemed most appropriate. When I was abroad playing competitions, the Swedes were always the one who went home with the prizes. You always had some very good sounding cars , although everyone played with DLS . I now see that many still play with DLS.

About this BMW… this car is not a daily. . From November to March it’s doing it’s hibernation in my garage.
What concerns the car hifi work , it’s a cart hat won’t compete . I have three years of day and night spent with Fiat to win as many first places , and that was enough.

My bimmer is something to have fun with. Everything is possible. I’m making this how I want it. How much work I’m putting into it doesn’t really matter.
When I’m working on the BMW, time stops, and above all that, I’m trying to think and make something original.
I also put the bar for the finish pretty high, so doing that and doing something quickly at the same time, don’t mix at all.

I have read that many of you follow my project on other forums . As you can see , I started posting the old scool soundstream amplifiers.
Each thing I've done something now , I will post here. First, my health is my priority.

My wife and I have done a heavy renovation on our house, and now everything is 99% finished so we are recovering from the hard work .
I hope I can concentrate as soon as possible on the things I want to do yet, but my health is my main concern for now.

If you know other forums where you can find cool projects, be free to mention this to me.
I also try to explain everything as well as possible , and I also don’t have a problem when there is criticism on certain things that you see .
Not everyone is perfect.
Old January 7th, 2016, 12:25   #10
Hewi

Rep Power: 303 Hewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud ofHewi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by robolop View Post

I've seen you make your own grills . I want to try that too, but I can’t find the thread you use.
It's about the wire with the hexagonal holes in it.
I have searched a lot on the net, and can find it only in America . This is extremely expensive to send.
Can ( will) you tell me where did you get yours , then maybe I can also order him there . Should you want to sell a piece of yours, let me know
I bought it from http://rmig.com/en , if you have trouble buing from them, send me an Pm, I have not much but some left.
I used Art nr:SMJ7080
Hewi is offline   Reply With Quote