ROBolop Design (bmw e46)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ROBolop Design (bmw e46)

As for the armrest I did a small change . The original latch to open the door is chromed.
    I definitely wanted to make this view come back in my armrest I’m making.
    I cut out an aluminum plate of 5 mm thick and then glued it to the MDF and held against the copy milling cutter.
    Simple. Of this alloy you will only see the thickness . I'm going to polishing and chrome plating leave.

To put everything firmly tight I have two pieces of aluminum machined from 6mm . These you won’t see anymore once everything is covered. So it would seem like the armrest is floating.

Because everything is no longer flat , I provided the inside with 5 layers of polyester

Sanded, and sprayed it black.

When everything is ready for the doors they go on a diet

Comment

This is going to be the bottom side of the armrest. 3 layers machined MDF , and then glued everything together.

Then finished everything and made a Pirana of it (female red lips ).

Armrests are (model-wise) ready for 70%

I’m going to add a little change to the aluminium.
      Where the red line is, I’m going to abrade it so it will look more smoothly.

Meanwhile, I have to think of something original that is coming to stand next to the speakers. More on this later .

Comment

I’ve done an upgrade tot he armrests (evo3). I thought they looked quite simple, so I sanded down the character line.
        Now that I’m satisfied, i twill stay like this

As for the sound, I’m going to try playing with a bass reflex. This is going to be very difficult, but I’ll try anyway.
        A good friend of mine who has a special program fort his, is going to calculate the length of the gate.

I already made the exit of the gate.
        And made a test.

After that I mille dit all from mdf

And finished it of.

These 2 pieces have taken 2 days of work, but I’m very proud of the result. Especially according to presentation, that’s important for me.

So I’ll be mounted in the door.

What’s black will be covered in carbon fibre, and the bass reflex will be painted in silver, like the moldings in the interior

Here you can see the carbonworks. 5 layers of epoxy are added here.

After sanding you can see it’s not quite smooth yet, 2-3 more layers will be necessary

Comment

nice work

Comment

On the end of the bas reflex, I made some sort of flange to tighten the whole thing.
            I like to have many different components that you can screw in and out of each other when there’s somethings wrong with it

This is the backside. It needs to be finished more properly

Here's how the plastic drain pipe is mounted. On this piece I can now continue with a right pipe Simple.

Of course, this pipe will also be painted in silver.

And this is how it looks at the back where it’s screwed.

As you can see I'm busy again making some new door panels for my BMW.
            My operated left shoulder is for 80% as it should be, of course there are limitations in terms of motion and strength, but as it is now I can get away with it.

However, I hven’t got good news for the right shoulder. They have taken a scan and it shows that my bone is worn.
            All they can do is put a reverse shoulder prosthesis. In my case (wheelchair) this is not without risk. Since I use my shoulders more than a normale person, this will wear out much faster.
            With a prosthesis, the movements of my arm are also very limited. I understand that’s when I’m doing this, my hobby could be finished..
            Now stopping and doing nothing, won’t help either.
            The surgeon told me I just have to everyday things but don’t force myself. Enjoy everything you do he said, and so I do.
            Since I don’t have that much pain in it now I’m postponing the operation as long as possible.
            A time when I have to have the surgery, they can’t say…

I didn’t sat still very long, when they told me the news.
            A lot of thinking never helped anyone in this case. There are worse things in ,life.
            Working in my garage, on my bimmer, having fun and enjoying the things I can still do…that’s the message for now.
            That’s it…simple.

Old skool pictures From Steve Brown and me.

Comment

sorry to hear that news.

Bygglogg: SQW: TransFårrden

Comment

Bad news!!
                Octan
                Hellboy Beetle MKIII Mosconi, Bewith, Gladen, Hybrid
                Hellboy Beetle MKII: Gladen Powered by Mosconi

OctanAudio
                Gilla På Facebook Uppdaterar där när nya inlägg ligger uppe.
                Fegens Vandrarhem

Bilstereoblog
                Team Ljudbyggaren

Comment

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Rob. Fabrication looks awesome as always!
                  ...there are only 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't...

Bygglogg BMW G20: BMW G20 SQ (Ny!)
                  Bygglogg BMW F36: BMW F36 SQ
                  Bygglogg Audi Q7: Audi Q7
                  Bygglogg BMW F10: Tvåstegsprojekt i BMW F10

Team Ljudbyggaren
                  1:a Plats Skilled OEM - SM 2017
                  3:e Plats Master OEM - SM 2018
                  8:e Plats Master OEM - EM 2018 ()

Comment

A couple of years ago I an oven myself to let my carbon fiber pieces to cure.
                    I sol dit when I moved out of my house. Now that I’m settled, I made a new one.
                    Cause someday, I want to make a carbon fibre trunk spoiler, I made this one big enough.
                    Accidentally, a friend of mine had an oven laying around in his garage for me.
                    Because I NEVER had any issues with my previous one, I used the same materials.

Here you see the 2 heating elements where I only connected the outer ones, cause this supplies the heat I needed (70 degrees)

You can also see that I provided the solid iron plate with a heat-resistant cloth.

The case I made of 18mm thick melanin. Cause the heat goes up, I also provided the top with a cloth.

You can also see that the plate is about 6cm from the bottom. I did this to prevent the wood overheating.
                    The original lamp was also used. So I don’t to put the thing OFF in time

Then I also made a aluminium plate with big holes to put on the big pieces.

When everything was ready, I put everythings on my driveway and turned it on for 10hours on the highest setting.
                    If something would happen, it should have been then

Comment

Havent posted in a long time here, but I have to admit that your work is impressive! Two thumbs up from me (and I might copy that workshop-oven design).

Comment

I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year 2017.
                        Enjoy the creative process of making beautiful things.
                        And may most of your dreams come true ... I said most, not all, because life gets so boring if we don't have anything to dream about anymore.

This morning there was a strange person on my table.

Comment

Happy new year!
                          Looking forward to future updates!
                          Mini Cooper goes Pioneer
                          http://www.bilstereoforum.se/showthread.php?t=36531
                          Volvo V50
                          http://www.bilstereoforum.se/showthread.php?t=34708

Sponsorer som håller mig flytande:
                          Pioneer, Stinger

Comment

As you may have already noticed, I’ve posted nothing last months. About the doors I was making,there has been a drastic change.
                            After that I put the doors on a strict diet, they were still going to too heavy for me. I’ve put a really big amount of work in them the last couple of months, but hey…the world didn’t end.
                            The only thing I know is that again, I learned a lot about milling.
                            I am now working on making something totally different. In terms of weight, this is much easier because I do not go play in a closed casket..
                            The design will be totally different!

Comment

Sounds interesting - tuned in to see where you go with this, cheers.
                              ...there are only 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't...

Bygglogg BMW G20: BMW G20 SQ (Ny!)
                              Bygglogg BMW F36: BMW F36 SQ
                              Bygglogg Audi Q7: Audi Q7
                              Bygglogg BMW F10: Tvåstegsprojekt i BMW F10

Team Ljudbyggaren
                              1:a Plats Skilled OEM - SM 2017
                              3:e Plats Master OEM - SM 2018
                              8:e Plats Master OEM - EM 2018 ()

Comment

This is the part where the Focal subs will get in.

It contains 3 layers of MDF.
                                The upper part is the part where the speakers will be mounted.
                                In the middle is an outer ring. These 2 are nicely rounded and will be glued togehter later on.
                                Underneath there’s a little sloth of 4mm of MDF which will be placed between the outer ring and the spakers.
                                Later more about this…

Because I’m not a partisan of tightening speakers in mdf, so I milled some Volkern (trespa) rings on the back.
                                I glued these on the mdf. So I can mount the speakers firmly without worrying the screw will loosen.

This plate of 8mm thick is a mold I’ve milled. Later more about this.

You can see that this sloth will be at the back.

In the meanwhile I’ve already finished some things on the 2 doors, so updates will follow shortly

Comment

Working...
                                X