ROBolop Design (bmw e46)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show/demo: ROBolop Design (bmw e46)

I want to open a topic here, but unfortunately I can not write Swedish.

English is possible for me.

Long time ago I won with this Fiat 500 many IASCA competitions.

Pfffffffffffu.

Now I am already busy on a BMW 323ci.

No competition car, just for fun.

Re: ROBolop Design (bmw e46)

I think almost everyone (old members) here has followed your amazing builds
    Octan
    Hellboy Beetle MKIII Mosconi, Bewith, Gladen, Hybrid
    Hellboy Beetle MKII: Gladen Powered by Mosconi

OctanAudio
    Gilla På Facebook Uppdaterar där när nya inlägg ligger uppe.
    Fegens Vandrarhem

Bilstereoblog
    Team Ljudbyggaren

Comment

I have purchased 2 Soundstream Ference Class-a 6.0 amplifiers. I came across them on a belgian ebay site, and purchased them immediately.

I also had these amps in my Fiat in 1996. Many of you would think “why the hell you buy amplifiers of 20years old”, but I know how they play, and what they are capable of.
      When I bought these the owner ensured me they were in perfect condition. But when I plugged them into the BMW, I immediately heard somethings was not right.
      The left channel of the first one didn’t play at all, and the other one had a left channel that cracked pretty fierce. Of course, I sent an email to the guy who sold me these, but until today…no reaction.

Then I started looking for a distributor of Sound Stream, but that was not easy to find.
      So I asked the question on one of the forums in the USA, if someone knew anyone who could fix these.
      After a few hours, I have many response. There was someone in the UK who can fix everything in terms of amplifiers.
      So I did a few emails, and he said it was no problem to fix them.

What struck me is that there were many people replying to my question that I had to check the switches in the amplifiers, and try to clean them.

So I completely removed the switches, a surgeon’s work…

Here are the switches.

And some pictures of how they look on the inside.

I cleaned the contacts with some sandpaper, and it immediately looked much better.

The second switch was slightly smaller, but it also had to be taken apart.

Then everything had to be reassembled and connected.
      To my great surprise, everything working perfectly now .
      Then I did the 2nd amp…and it also proved to work after I had hooked it up.

I 've tested every amplifier for over 2 hours until they got very hot , and all plays like it should.

Comment

I have followed your bimmer build thread on DIYMA for years mate!
        ...there are only 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't...

Bygglogg BMW G20: BMW G20 SQ (Ny!)
        Bygglogg BMW F36: BMW F36 SQ
        Bygglogg Audi Q7: Audi Q7
        Bygglogg BMW F10: Tvåstegsprojekt i BMW F10

Team Ljudbyggaren
        1:a Plats Skilled OEM - SM 2017
        3:e Plats Master OEM - SM 2018
        8:e Plats Master OEM - EM 2018 ()

Comment

Love your build. Been following for years.
          Welcome to swedich forum.
          Reine. BMW M3

www.rayder.se

Comment

Originally posted by rayder View Post
            Love your build. Been following for years.
            Welcome to swedich forum.
            Same here!
            How long have you been working on that E46 now? You must have been in every corner of that car by now modifying something.....
            "Sound by Hewi"

Blue eMotion by heWi

Comment

Thera are a lot of us following your build mate.

Oh and the SS Class A-amps is as good as it gets.
              Have two Ref 405 myselfe to play with.
              And yes....those switches is a real hassle
              Audison Audioquest Autoleads E.A.D Focal Nakamichi Odyssey STP
              ACV, Dayton Audio, GAS, Kenwood, Supra

Comment

Originally posted by Hewi View Post
                Same here!
                How long have you been working on that E46 now? You must have been in every corner of that car by now modifying something.....
                I’m already doing this for some years now, and I haven’t been bored for 1 minute 
                I also think I've seen every corner of the bmw , but there are more fools who turn their BMW upside down to get a better sound, no?
                I also have a question for you .
                Of course I took the time to read through your topic quietly. Respect how you made everything for the E39, respect!

I've seen you make your own grills . I want to try that too, but I can’t find the thread you use.
                It's about the wire with the hexagonal holes in it.
                I have searched a lot on the net, and can find it only in America . This is extremely expensive to send.
                Can ( will) you tell me where did you get yours , then maybe I can also order him there . Should you want to sell a piece of yours, let me know

Comment

I have been searching for a while where I could create another topic . This forum seemed most appropriate. When I was abroad playing competitions, the Swedes were always the one who went home with the prizes. You always had some very good sounding cars , although everyone played with DLS . I now see that many still play with DLS.

About this BMW… this car is not a daily. . From November to March it’s doing it’s hibernation in my garage.
                  What concerns the car hifi work , it’s a cart hat won’t compete . I have three years of day and night spent with Fiat to win as many first places , and that was enough.

My bimmer is something to have fun with. Everything is possible. I’m making this how I want it. How much work I’m putting into it doesn’t really matter.
                  When I’m working on the BMW, time stops, and above all that, I’m trying to think and make something original.
                  I also put the bar for the finish pretty high, so doing that and doing something quickly at the same time, don’t mix at all.

I have read that many of you follow my project on other forums . As you can see , I started posting the old scool soundstream amplifiers.
                  Each thing I've done something now , I will post here. First, my health is my priority.

My wife and I have done a heavy renovation on our house, and now everything is 99% finished so we are recovering from the hard work .
                  I hope I can concentrate as soon as possible on the things I want to do yet, but my health is my main concern for now.

If you know other forums where you can find cool projects, be free to mention this to me.
                  I also try to explain everything as well as possible , and I also don’t have a problem when there is criticism on certain things that you see .
                  Not everyone is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by robolop View Post

I've seen you make your own grills . I want to try that too, but I can’t find the thread you use.
                    It's about the wire with the hexagonal holes in it.
                    I have searched a lot on the net, and can find it only in America . This is extremely expensive to send.
                    Can ( will) you tell me where did you get yours , then maybe I can also order him there . Should you want to sell a piece of yours, let me know
                    I bought it from http://rmig.com/en , if you have trouble buing from them, send me an Pm, I have not much but some left.
                    I used Art nr:SMJ7080
                    "Sound by Hewi"

Blue eMotion by heWi

Comment

Because I'm mounting the Soundstream amplifiers upside down, the inside should look very nice as well.
                      All the components must be perfectly straight.
                      The screws where the final stages are fixed with, I personally think, look like ****!

To just replace these screws would be simple, but the original screws are UNC (Unified Coarse) thread, and in Europe it's metric thread.
                      So I have to retap everything for M4 screws.

After that I sinked in the original thick roundells, sanded and polished them.
                      I worked almost one full day to get to this result.

But I'm really happy with the result

On the inside, the amps will remain like this for the time being. On the outside a lot of things will happen, I'm afraid.
                      I think the aluminium casing which holds the circuit board, will get a treatment with the mill/cutter in the near future.

When everything is ready, I will send these amplifiers to England to amp docter http://www.ampdoctor.co.uk/
                      I got some emails done with Gordon Tailor. He's going to check them completely.

He is going to change some things.
                      Last edited by robolop; January 8, 2016, 23:17.

Comment

THAT is attention to detail!
                        Nice work

Comment

Do you have facebook? A few of the old swedich builders have threds there. Not only caraudio related.
                          I have my website. And a thred on facebook. Buy i dont build so fast. Health, kid and homeprojekts take most of my time.
                          Www.rayder.se
                          I've learned a few tricks from you. Thanks for that.
                          Reine. BMW M3

www.rayder.se

Comment

Originally posted by rayder View Post
                            Do you have facebook? A few of the old swedich builders have threds there. Not only caraudio related.
                            I have my website. And a thred on facebook. Buy i dont build so fast. Health, kid and homeprojekts take most of my time.
                            Www.rayder.se
                            I've learned a few tricks from you. Thanks for that.

A few months ago I accidentally ended up on you homepage. Respect dude , for what you 've done in the M3.
                            I'm on Facebook, but I post nothing on there of what I am doing with the BMW .
                            If you know where there are some great things on Fb or something, you can always let me know through PM orso.
                            Daily, I come across beautiful things that can be applied in the Bimmer . Glad you learned something of what I’m doing

Comment

Thanks. I have resently started to put some time on the car. Hopefully som updates now.
                              So, are you going to change the amprack? Or build a new one? Or do the new amps take more space than you have?
                              Reine. BMW M3

www.rayder.se

Comment

Working...
                              X